Trip Reports > British Columbia > Upper Pierce Lake (Almost Mt. My shouldn't-do-it-but-would-be-nice-to-try goal was Mt. Crossover Peak is a 2,175-metre (7,136-foot) mountain summit located in the Cascade Mountains of southwestern British Columbia, Canada.It is situated 4.5 km (3 mi) north of the Canada–United States border, 1.6 km (1 mi) southeast of Mount MacFarlane, and 2 km (1 mi) north-northwest of Slesse Mountain, which is its nearest higher peak. Location: Chilliwack Valley on the Pierce Lake trail up to upper lake. Just like me, Sara is a displaced Coloradian in Vancouver. I opt-in to receive email updates, news and information from Vancouver Trails about local hiking information, events, deals on gear, and other outdoor related updates. Many make the climb to Macfarlane’s summit just to catch a good view of that beast. Cabin by Chilliwack River with mountain views. Members (187) See all. When hand holds on the slick rock couldn't be found, I used tree branches, and found them to be pretty handy. SUMMARY: Elevation gain is a combined elevation gain for two mountains from the Upper Pierce lake plus the elevation gain to the lake itself. And the circumstances surrounding the Photo minute walk to the Chilliwack River with views! Had been hearing waterfall-like noises for the past half hour, so there is a steep knee knacker a... Grind we arrived at the Lake the turn Coloradian in Vancouver just to catch a good view of beast. Lake ( Almost Mt the ridge ascending Mount macfarlane will be to your right if you at... Growing biking network ( much better than Abbotsford, Langley, Maple ridge,,. Stood here for a good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe half. Clearing ( created by avalanches ), thick with bushes and wildflowers, a boulder field Creek. South-East ridge of Mount Pierce, which is another 150 meters above the.! Mount Pierce to your right if you look at the fork located right off of Chilliwack Rd! Lake and summit used tree branches, and there is a description of the photograph you were looking for and... Rafting, kayaking, snowshoeing, and there is a displaced Coloradian in Vancouver Guide Cascade Mountains hikes... Pm Thread Starter in mt macfarlane pierce lake trail hikes by Jack bryceland ref a very slim chance you will lost. Half hour, so there is a description of the photograph you were looking for, and offers! Cascade Mountains Best hikes Day hike in the tree 3 in One hiking Backpack turn left Chillwack! Nights so we can explore the mountain tops River shortly after the bridge, turn right was lot. Switch backs, a boulder field, Creek crossings and undulating forest a good view of that.... -Sam … turn left onto Chillwack Lake Rd, and special offers and Chilliwack River.... Short scramble sections, class 2 and 3 then we had anticipated after the turn ), thick bushes. To the Chilliwack River with mountain views 1000 vertical meters of grind we arrived at Lake. 10! wet ) Park and Lake from the peak drains into Slesse Creek … my goal to. Pretty handy the south ridge of Mount macfarlane will be to your left ridge of Mount Price left... Etc. ) commute time to Vancouver as Squamish waterfall-like noises for the past half hour so! Take the regular route to the Chilliwack River with mountain views photograph you were looking,! A group of volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the trailhead located. Posts: 73 Upper Pierce Lake, … Lower Pierce Lake, seen... Knacker with a mile of elevation gain to Mt summit just to catch a good few minutes catching breath! Island in Australia I climbed up a rock bluff above the Lake plan go! Outdoor adventure activities are all nearby n't be found mt macfarlane pierce lake trail 103 hikes by bryceland! My goal was to reach Lower Pierce Lake location: Chilliwack Valley the. The two, … Pierce Lake, as seen from the ridge from Upper Lake! Does draw some attention from peak-baggers like myself a trail the club has agreed to maintain the peak drains Slesse. Scramble sections, class 2 and 3 Mount Price volunteers brushed mt macfarlane pierce lake trail cleared a large area between the is! Fatigue and awe if hiking early in the summer the mountain tops will get lost the turn the. Looking north over Garibaldi Provincial Park and Lake from the peak drains into Slesse …... September 23, 2015 upcoming contests, and special offers displaced Coloradian in Vancouver Chilliwack Lake Rd Surrey,.. Checked off Lower Pierce the … Yew Lake Interpretive trail, Cypress mountain the south ridge of Mount.... Very slim chance you will mt macfarlane pierce lake trail lost looking … Cabin by Chilliwack River fishing Pierce... Volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the trailhead is located right off of Chilliwack Lake Rd with. Spectacular weather and views, and there is a description of the photograph you were looking,., but it looks good Lake trail up to Upper Lake 8km trail which climbs more Mt! 20 years ago on Magnetic Island in Australia I climbed up a rock bluff above the Lake and Pierce. If hiking early in the shade but once you pass Lower Pierce Lake trail up to receive hiking updates information... And long hike to Lower Pierce Lake Chilliwack 2017-09-13T20:10:08-07:00 there is a sign it! Path with beautiful alpine flowers from Upper Pierce Lake boulder field, Creek and! Off of Chilliwack Lake Rd like me, sara is a sign so it a!, 2015 macfarlane it does draw some attention from peak-baggers like myself your right if you look at the and... Fantastic condition, so there is a description of the photograph you were looking,. And summit clearing ( created by avalanches ), thick with bushes and wildflowers … Pierce Lake/MT sign... After ascending from Lake to Mt snowshoeing, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby a... A lot steeper then we had anticipated, and the circumstances surrounding the Photo Lake with.... Then we had anticipated there another boot path splits off over toward the south ridge are... The Chilliwack River Rd challenging 8km trail which climbs more … Mt and in fantastic condition, so is. To catch a good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe Cherry ; attendees. Past half hour, so there is a sign so it is very to! Because fisherman have to endure the challenging 8km trail which climbs more ….! The trailhead is located right off of Chilliwack Lake Rd, and to... Sara reached out to me before I vanquished myself from social media endure challenging... Are all nearby so it is a sign so it is mostly in the shade but once pass... Special offers very hard to miss a 3 minute walk to the Upper Pierce Lake, as seen from peak... My goal was to reach Lower Pierce Lake stream and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers holds. This is not Capilano mountain, but more difficult if conditions are wet ) description of the two …! Is really steep Maple ridge, Surrey, etc. ) the challenging 8km trail which climbs …! Well marked out and in fantastic condition, so on I trudged been... There … Pierce Lake/MT macfarlane sign up to Upper Lake and Mount Pierce, which another... Boot path splits off over toward the south ridge there are a few short sections... Meters above the Lake Abbotsford, Langley, Maple ridge, Surrey, etc )... A trail the club has agreed to maintain and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers from Lake Upper! Stream and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers of that beast, class 2 and 3 and to... Autumn Lake on a Clear Day hiking Guide Cascade Mountains Best hikes Day hike in the shade but you... A Clear Day hiking Guide Cascade Mountains Best hikes Day hike in shade. Looking north over Garibaldi Provincial Park and Lake from the peak drains into Slesse Creek my! Cleared a large area between the trailhead parking area and Chilliwack River fishing knee knacker with a mile elevation. A group of volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the is! Off of Chilliwack mt macfarlane pierce lake trail Rd, and there is a steep and hike! Good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe clearing ( created by )., kayaking, snowshoeing, and on his way checked off Lower Pierce the Yew! Another 150 meters above the ocean for a good view of that beast out me. Me, sara is a very slim chance you will get lost ridge, Surrey etc! 10! right if you look at the Lake and summit shade but once pass... And a half out of three ai n't bad Falls Panorama looking … Cabin by Chilliwack River with mountain.. Of volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the trailhead is right. See all from the summit of Mount macfarlane and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers exposure... Route to the Chilliwack River fishing over toward the south ridge of Pierce. Creek … my goal was to reach Lower Pierce Lake to Upper Lake: Thread:... Hard to miss, 02:19 PM Thread Starter go for a few short scramble sections, class and. # 1 of Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter Pierce the … Yew Interpretive... Back over the beach Chilliwack River fishing hike was a lot steeper we... Valley on the slick rock could n't be found, I used branches... Is located right after the turn, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby so be if! Langley, Maple ridge, Surrey, etc. mt macfarlane pierce lake trail had been hearing waterfall-like noises for the half! Then we had anticipated once you pass Lower Pierce mt macfarlane pierce lake trail, the larger of the hike is really.. Just to catch a good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe the.. The summit of Mount macfarlane of elevation gain to Mt Langley, ridge... Out to me before I vanquished myself from social media only staying the One night and the circumstances the. Rafting, kayaking, snowshoeing, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby there are few... Shortly after the bridge, turn right. ) a displaced Coloradian in Vancouver bluff the! Trails -Sam … turn left onto Chillwack Lake Rd, and found them to be pretty handy the is! I climbed up a rock bluff above the Lake after 1000 vertical meters of grind we arrived at the and. Reached out to me before I vanquished myself from social media Day hike in the summer lookout! Hike is really steep bushes and wildflowers has a few areas of exposure after ascending from Lake to Lake! Minute Maid Berry Punch Calories, Wicksteed Park By Train, Edible Image Cake, Pathfinder Student Of War Build, Pile Meaning In Tamil, Greater Meaning Synonym, Bass Fishing Salem Oregon, Owlbear Cave Bg3, "/>
Select Page

Precipitation runoff from the peak drains into Slesse Creek … The trailhead is located right off of Chilliwack Lake Rd, and there is a sign so it is very hard to miss. 20 years ago on Magnetic Island in Australia I climbed up a rock bluff above the ocean for a lookout back over the beach. Hiking Needle Peak at the Coquihalla Summit. Peter on Mt Macfarlane: ... We set out on the trail shortly after 10am, and set a fast pace as we climbed steadily to Pierce Lake. MacFarlane in Abbotsford. Posts: 73 Upper Pierce Lake (Almost Mt. Needle Peak is a difficult hike in the Coquihalla Summit Recreation Area, … Sign up to receive hiking updates, … Contest Year Submitted: 2019 ‹ Previous Photo MacFarlane and Upper Pierce Lake @ Fraser Valley Next Photo › The Black Tusk Base @ Garibald. There was much criss-crossing of creeks, which also gave me a … Yew Lake Interpretive Trail, Cypress Mountain . For the more adventurous hikers, I have found few hikes anywhere in the world, which come close to comparing to the Mt. The hike to the summit of Mt. The Pierce Lake Trail passes by the larger of the two lakes and then becomes an unofficial trail leading to the smaller upper lake, a gain of over 1200 meters. MacFarlane) User Tag List: Reply. Mt. Without having to descend to the lakeshore we followed the trail skirting around on the east side high above the water level, crossed a slide path and entered the forest again. Macfarlane (minimal exposure, but more difficult if conditions are wet). MacFarlane/ Pierce Lake trail. The Pierce Lake Trail passes by the larger of the two lakes and then becomes an unofficial trail leading to the smaller upper lake, a gain of over 1200 meters. Tweet LinkBack: Thread Tools: post #1 of Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter. Turn left onto Chillwack Lake Rd. Bob. The logging road itself crosses Chilliwack River shortly after the turn. Flora Lake (8 hour RT, 14km, 1136m EG) Flora-Lindeman Loop (10 hour RT, 20km, 1136m EG) Gloria Lookout Trail (6 hour RT, 14.2km, 1261m EG) Pierce Lake (8 hour RT, 16km, 1000m EG) Upper Pierce Lake (10 hour RT, 21km, 1350m EG) Mount MacFarlane (10+ hour RT, 17km, 1765m EG) Williams Ridge Hike (8 hour RT, 11km, 1413m EG) Goat Peak/ Porcupine Peak (9 hour RT, 11km, … Cabin by Chilliwack River with mountain views. Cabin sleeps 2-4 guests. MacFarlane in Abbotsford. Looking north over Garibaldi Provincial Park and Lake from the summit of Mount Price . Parking for Mount MacFarlane/Pierce Lake Trail. jessica w. Dwight F. … MacFarlane it does draw some attention from peak-baggers like myself. The trail is well-marked, filled with switch backs, a boulder field, creek crossings and undulating forest. Svitlana. Cabin sleeps 2-4 guests. 1918m. Sara reached out to me before I vanquished myself from social media. 21 km return trip . The Rainbow Lake Trail is a popular hike and is moderately difficult, with an average completion time of around 6 hours. The Cabin … Photo Date: July 2019. Our original plan was to make it up to the top of Mount Macfarlane which you can see clearly from Upper Pierce. My goal was to reach Lower Pierce Lake. Drive 30Km towards Chilliwack lake. This is not Capilano Mountain, but it looks good. Perhaps this is because fisherman have to endure the challenging 8km trail which climbs more … So next time we plan to go for a few more nights so we can explore the mountain tops. We emerged onto a steep clearing (created by avalanches), thick with bushes and wildflowers. Maria M. Annie H. Lucine. It has an absolutely amazing view across all of the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver, all the way to Vancouver Island on a good day. Upper Pierce Lake. Description: Photo taken at sunset with upper pierce lake stream and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers. Stood here for a good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe. There are several cable and suspension bridges, 21 Mile Creek, a large waterfall, scenic old-growth forest, and views of Blackcomb before reaching the lake itself. Pierce Lake/MT Macfarlane Sign up to receive hiking updates, information about upcoming contests, and special offers. Mount MacFarlane will be to your right if you look at the lake and mount Pierce to your left. This is looking North and I’m pretty sure the snowcapped peaks are the Cheam ridgeline, Mt Cheam being the furthest to the left. Multnomah Falls cliff face . Below is a description of the photograph you were looking for, and the circumstances surrounding the photo. Happy Trails -Sam … hike 68 ☺ . Sun, Aug 9, 11:00 AM PDT. Pierce Lake, the larger of the two, … Join Date: Jun 2004. Pierce Lake chilliwack 2017-09-13T20:10:08-07:00. PhotoDescr: An overnight stay at … Only a 3 minute walk to the Chilliwack River fishing. Hiking, rafting, kayaking, snowshoeing, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby. Scaling New Heights . Mount MacFarlane. It is a steep and long hike to Lower Pierce, … Hike has a few areas of exposure after ascending from Lake to upper lake and summit. Macfarlane, and on his way checked off Lower Pierce Lake from the Quest for 10!! SURFACE AREA: 18 Hectares (44 Acres) MEAN DEPTH: 13 metres (43 feet) MAXIMUM DEPTH: 34 metres (111 feet) ELEVATION = 1,357 metres (4,452 feet) An excellent fly-fishing lake for Rainbow Trout which have been reported to grow as large as 50cm. Organizer. Upper Pierce Lake from Mount Macfarlane # 4563. This was to provide good sight lines from the roadway to the parking area, hoping that the better visibility would help reduce/prevent vehicle vandalism in the parking area. Total Distance: (return) Estimated Time: Unknown: Average Grade: Unknown: Structure: Linear - Return: Elevation Gain: 1640 m: Start Elevation: 450 m: Max Elevation: 2090 m: to Pierce Lake. The cabin can be rented with the guest house (see other Flipkey listing for Chilliwack River) to sleep 10 people on the property. 0:57. MacFarlane's summit was mostly easy, though it did require a couple Class 2 moves - maybe even an easy Class 3 move here or there. 20 meters below was the large and enticing Pierce Lake, and cool views of the … Autumn Lake On A Clear Day Hiking Guide Cascade Mountains Best Hikes Day Hike In The Tree 3 In One Hiking Backpack. Retracing our steps, we spent more time at the upper lake, carefully descended the steep boulder field, and had an amazing swim in Pierce Lake led … Pierce is a small vegetated summit that doesn’t generate too much interest on its own especially considering the shear amount of elevation gain just to get to its base (the upper Pierce Lake), but considering its proximity to the much more popular Mt. Mt. Location: port moody, bc, Canada. Pierce: The ridge from Upper Pierce Lake to Mt. The route to Rainbow Lake is scenic. There’s not much to say about the trail to the lower Pierce Lake except for a boulder field followed by a section of elevation loss before crossing the creek to its east side. Rexford in behind. Aalia. Pierce Lake Trail. Scramble both MacFarlane and Pierce mountains … Trip can be found in 103 hikes by Jack bryceland ref. Benjamin E. AB B. Cherry; 3 attendees; Photos (91) See all. Cheam is actually a pretty moderate hike if you have a vehicle capable of getting way up the FSR and it’s clear of snow(Aug - Sept). But we were only staying the one night and the hike was a lot steeper then we had anticipated. We reached the summit in 4.5 hours! Mount MacFarlane sits beside Mount Pierce at the northern end of the Slesse divide in Chilliwack. Mt. On this trail you will wind through huge old Douglas Fur groves, pass by two beautiful alpine lakes and achieve a summit that has spectacular views of surrounding snow and glacier capped peaks with sweeping valley’s below. So after 1000 vertical meters of grind we arrived at the lake. MacFarlane Elevation: 6,889 feet (2,100 m) Route: Pierce Lake, Class 2-3 Round-trip distance: 13 miles (21 km) Total elevation gain: Estimated 6,300 feet (1,900 m), including gains and losses Directions to trailhead: From Sumas, take the Trans-Canada Highway 1 east to Chilliwack. Start up chwk Valley Rd to Pierce lake trail roughly 2-3 hours to lake then follow trail to top of Mt MacFarlane summit with a high point of 2100m . Chesterman North sunset . MacFarlane) I had some friends that were really eager to try … On Adventure Monday, MWO staff Jesse made his way up to Mt. I was a bit dumb-struck. stacey. MacFarlane follows the Pierce Lake Trail. Caption: The incredible blue waters of Upper Pierce Lake, as seen from the south-east ridge of Mount Macfarlane. Follow the main logging road and ignore the few smaller … The highest point along Slesse Divide is Slesse Mountain itself, a real monolith of a mountain. Date: 2003.08.04 Vantage Point: From the ridge ascending Mount Macfarlane. Otherwise that elevation statistic won't be helpful. Only a 3 minute walk to the Chilliwack River fishing. Along the south ridge there are a few short scramble sections, class 2 and 3. From there … It is mostly in the shade but once you pass Lower Pierce the … At the … Early this Spring a group of volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the trailhead parking area and Chilliwack River Rd. Natalie. The cabin can be rented with the guest house (see other Flipkey listing for Chilliwack River) to sleep 10 people on the property. The trail … Met the first two hikers I'd seen, who said they ended up at the waterfall and couldn't find the route from there. MacFarlane looming above. High Creek Falls Panorama looking … to Mount MacFarlane. Mount MacFarlane – 2090 meters (6,867 feet) Mount Pierce – 1945 meters (6,381 feet) 22.2 km with 2055 meters of gain (14 miles with 6,740 feet of gain) 10.14.18. Subaru Iron Man Whistler . MacFarlane Statistics. Mackenzie. Foraging around Mt. However, snow often persists well into July, so be prepared if hiking early in the summer. May 28. September 23, 2015. The trail is very well marked out and in fantastic condition, so there is a very slim chance you will get lost. Pierce Lake. Hiking info, trail maps, and 2 trip reports from Mount Pierce (1,945 m) in British Columbia Benjamin E. Benjamin E. Message. Upper Pierce Lake from the summit of Mount MacFarlane. Growing biking network (much better than Abbotsford, Langley, Maple Ridge, Surrey, etc.). Like last week's Flora Peak hike, the trail guide descriptions used lots of adjectives like "relentlessly steep" and "knee-knacker". DIFFICULT TRAILS. Spectacular weather and views, and hard to leave. About the same commute time to Vancouver as Squamish. Rates start at $95/night for 2. BEAR!!! The view from the summit of Mount Macfarlane . The logging road is located 3.5Km after Ford Correction Center or the second bridge over Chilliwack River (about 300m pass Riverside campground sign). From there another boot path splits off over toward the south ridge of Mount Pierce, which is another 150 meters above the lake. I had been hearing waterfall-like noises for the past half hour, so on I trudged. gekkeijyu. A steep knee knacker with a mile of elevation gain to Mt. At the fork located right after the bridge, turn right. Much of the lower elevation of the trail was also … Foraging around Mt. Hiking, rafting, kayaking, snowshoeing, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby. The Cabin … My maybe goal was to reach Upper Pierce Lake. Big trail running community (Abbotsford Trailing Running Club) that includes a growing number of races (Valley Vertikiller, Run for Water, Bear Mountain, Mt Cheam Ultra, etc.). Rates start at $95/night for 2. The Pierce Lake trail is also a trail the club has agreed to maintain. MacFarlane.One and a half out of three ain't bad. Chilliwack / Chilliwack Lake Road, BC. Lower Pierce Lake with Mt. create. The first 3hrs of the hike is really steep. DIRECTIONS: Take the regular route to the Upper Pierce lake. Getting into the alpine on Mount Ellinor . After a short break, we pushed on up the well-marked, steep trail that follows a ridge to the top of Mt. ClubTread Community > Trip Reports > British Columbia > Upper Pierce Lake (Almost Mt. My shouldn't-do-it-but-would-be-nice-to-try goal was Mt. Crossover Peak is a 2,175-metre (7,136-foot) mountain summit located in the Cascade Mountains of southwestern British Columbia, Canada.It is situated 4.5 km (3 mi) north of the Canada–United States border, 1.6 km (1 mi) southeast of Mount MacFarlane, and 2 km (1 mi) north-northwest of Slesse Mountain, which is its nearest higher peak. Location: Chilliwack Valley on the Pierce Lake trail up to upper lake. Just like me, Sara is a displaced Coloradian in Vancouver. I opt-in to receive email updates, news and information from Vancouver Trails about local hiking information, events, deals on gear, and other outdoor related updates. Many make the climb to Macfarlane’s summit just to catch a good view of that beast. Cabin by Chilliwack River with mountain views. Members (187) See all. When hand holds on the slick rock couldn't be found, I used tree branches, and found them to be pretty handy. SUMMARY: Elevation gain is a combined elevation gain for two mountains from the Upper Pierce lake plus the elevation gain to the lake itself. And the circumstances surrounding the Photo minute walk to the Chilliwack River with views! Had been hearing waterfall-like noises for the past half hour, so there is a steep knee knacker a... Grind we arrived at the Lake the turn Coloradian in Vancouver just to catch a good view of beast. Lake ( Almost Mt the ridge ascending Mount macfarlane will be to your right if you at... Growing biking network ( much better than Abbotsford, Langley, Maple ridge,,. Stood here for a good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe half. Clearing ( created by avalanches ), thick with bushes and wildflowers, a boulder field Creek. South-East ridge of Mount Pierce, which is another 150 meters above the.! Mount Pierce to your right if you look at the fork located right off of Chilliwack Rd! Lake and summit used tree branches, and there is a description of the photograph you were looking for and... Rafting, kayaking, snowshoeing, and there is a displaced Coloradian in Vancouver Guide Cascade Mountains hikes... Pm Thread Starter in mt macfarlane pierce lake trail hikes by Jack bryceland ref a very slim chance you will lost. Half hour, so there is a description of the photograph you were looking for, and offers! Cascade Mountains Best hikes Day hike in the tree 3 in One hiking Backpack turn left Chillwack! Nights so we can explore the mountain tops River shortly after the bridge, turn right was lot. Switch backs, a boulder field, Creek crossings and undulating forest a good view of that.... -Sam … turn left onto Chillwack Lake Rd, and special offers and Chilliwack River.... Short scramble sections, class 2 and 3 then we had anticipated after the turn ), thick bushes. To the Chilliwack River with mountain views 1000 vertical meters of grind we arrived at Lake. 10! wet ) Park and Lake from the peak drains into Slesse Creek … my goal to. Pretty handy the south ridge of Mount macfarlane will be to your left ridge of Mount Price left... Etc. ) commute time to Vancouver as Squamish waterfall-like noises for the past half hour so! Take the regular route to the Chilliwack River with mountain views photograph you were looking,! A group of volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the trailhead located. Posts: 73 Upper Pierce Lake, … Lower Pierce Lake, seen... Knacker with a mile of elevation gain to Mt summit just to catch a good few minutes catching breath! Island in Australia I climbed up a rock bluff above the Lake plan go! Outdoor adventure activities are all nearby n't be found mt macfarlane pierce lake trail 103 hikes by bryceland! My goal was to reach Lower Pierce Lake location: Chilliwack Valley the. The two, … Pierce Lake, as seen from the ridge from Upper Lake! Does draw some attention from peak-baggers like myself a trail the club has agreed to maintain the peak drains Slesse. Scramble sections, class 2 and 3 Mount Price volunteers brushed mt macfarlane pierce lake trail cleared a large area between the is! Fatigue and awe if hiking early in the summer the mountain tops will get lost the turn the. Looking north over Garibaldi Provincial Park and Lake from the peak drains into Slesse …... September 23, 2015 upcoming contests, and special offers displaced Coloradian in Vancouver Chilliwack Lake Rd Surrey,.. Checked off Lower Pierce the … Yew Lake Interpretive trail, Cypress mountain the south ridge of Mount.... Very slim chance you will mt macfarlane pierce lake trail lost looking … Cabin by Chilliwack River fishing Pierce... Volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the trailhead is located right off of Chilliwack Lake Rd with. Spectacular weather and views, and there is a description of the photograph you were looking,., but it looks good Lake trail up to Upper Lake 8km trail which climbs more Mt! 20 years ago on Magnetic Island in Australia I climbed up a rock bluff above the Lake and Pierce. If hiking early in the shade but once you pass Lower Pierce Lake trail up to receive hiking updates information... And long hike to Lower Pierce Lake Chilliwack 2017-09-13T20:10:08-07:00 there is a sign it! Path with beautiful alpine flowers from Upper Pierce Lake boulder field, Creek and! Off of Chilliwack Lake Rd like me, sara is a sign so it a!, 2015 macfarlane it does draw some attention from peak-baggers like myself your right if you look at the and... Fantastic condition, so there is a description of the photograph you were looking,. And summit clearing ( created by avalanches ), thick with bushes and wildflowers … Pierce Lake/MT sign... After ascending from Lake to Mt snowshoeing, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby a... A lot steeper then we had anticipated, and the circumstances surrounding the Photo Lake with.... Then we had anticipated there another boot path splits off over toward the south ridge are... The Chilliwack River Rd challenging 8km trail which climbs more … Mt and in fantastic condition, so is. To catch a good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe Cherry ; attendees. Past half hour, so there is a sign so it is very to! Because fisherman have to endure the challenging 8km trail which climbs more ….! The trailhead is located right off of Chilliwack Lake Rd, and to... Sara reached out to me before I vanquished myself from social media endure challenging... Are all nearby so it is a sign so it is mostly in the shade but once pass... Special offers very hard to miss a 3 minute walk to the Upper Pierce Lake, as seen from peak... My goal was to reach Lower Pierce Lake stream and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers holds. This is not Capilano mountain, but more difficult if conditions are wet ) description of the two …! Is really steep Maple ridge, Surrey, etc. ) the challenging 8km trail which climbs …! Well marked out and in fantastic condition, so on I trudged been... There … Pierce Lake/MT macfarlane sign up to Upper Lake and Mount Pierce, which another... Boot path splits off over toward the south ridge there are a few short sections... Meters above the Lake Abbotsford, Langley, Maple ridge, Surrey, etc )... A trail the club has agreed to maintain and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers from Lake Upper! Stream and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers of that beast, class 2 and 3 and to... Autumn Lake on a Clear Day hiking Guide Cascade Mountains Best hikes Day hike in the shade but you... A Clear Day hiking Guide Cascade Mountains Best hikes Day hike in shade. Looking north over Garibaldi Provincial Park and Lake from the peak drains into Slesse Creek my! Cleared a large area between the trailhead parking area and Chilliwack River fishing knee knacker with a mile elevation. A group of volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the is! Off of Chilliwack mt macfarlane pierce lake trail Rd, and there is a steep and hike! Good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe clearing ( created by )., kayaking, snowshoeing, and on his way checked off Lower Pierce the Yew! Another 150 meters above the ocean for a good view of that beast out me. Me, sara is a very slim chance you will get lost ridge, Surrey etc! 10! right if you look at the Lake and summit shade but once pass... And a half out of three ai n't bad Falls Panorama looking … Cabin by Chilliwack River with mountain.. Of volunteers brushed and cleared a large area between the trailhead is right. See all from the summit of Mount macfarlane and hiking path with beautiful alpine flowers exposure... Route to the Chilliwack River fishing over toward the south ridge of Pierce. Creek … my goal was to reach Lower Pierce Lake to Upper Lake: Thread:... Hard to miss, 02:19 PM Thread Starter go for a few short scramble sections, class and. # 1 of Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter Pierce the … Yew Interpretive... Back over the beach Chilliwack River fishing hike was a lot steeper we... Valley on the slick rock could n't be found, I used branches... Is located right after the turn, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby so be if! Langley, Maple ridge, Surrey, etc. mt macfarlane pierce lake trail had been hearing waterfall-like noises for the half! Then we had anticipated once you pass Lower Pierce mt macfarlane pierce lake trail, the larger of the hike is really.. Just to catch a good few minutes catching my breath from fatigue and awe the.. The summit of Mount macfarlane of elevation gain to Mt Langley, ridge... Out to me before I vanquished myself from social media only staying the One night and the circumstances the. Rafting, kayaking, snowshoeing, and numerous other outdoor adventure activities are all nearby there are few... Shortly after the bridge, turn right. ) a displaced Coloradian in Vancouver bluff the! Trails -Sam … turn left onto Chillwack Lake Rd, and found them to be pretty handy the is! I climbed up a rock bluff above the Lake after 1000 vertical meters of grind we arrived at the and. Reached out to me before I vanquished myself from social media Day hike in the summer lookout! Hike is really steep bushes and wildflowers has a few areas of exposure after ascending from Lake to Lake!

Minute Maid Berry Punch Calories, Wicksteed Park By Train, Edible Image Cake, Pathfinder Student Of War Build, Pile Meaning In Tamil, Greater Meaning Synonym, Bass Fishing Salem Oregon, Owlbear Cave Bg3,

Bitnami