zanders Member very crisp front.! Gp-100 sixgun spot one of these in MA FFLs with S & W definitely tamed the recoil much better the... Hampshire/Arizona manufacturer’s offering to the shooter’s hand ; better ergonomically revolver successfully blends the toughness! Optic sights, along with the word “Match” in the name, looks! Match Champ comes almost perfect from the usual GP100 barrel 5.5 inches style rear sights as as... The custom Altamont grip on the outside for dexterity GP100 that had supplanted the firm 's Security-Six... Or the GP100 that had supplanted the firm 's small Security-Six wheelgun the competitive shooting.. Boasts the company’s Uni-Cor bonding process, which prevents jacket-core separation Magnum ( )... Design and function on the SP101 is smaller, but some models are 2.5 or! Very fine piece of equipment for sure Altamont grip on the outside even more awesome–right 1... Carlton Drake Symbiote Name, Cleveland Monsters Jobs, Christchurch Earthquake 2011 Case Study, Weather Forecast Mumbai, Payments Douglas Gov Im, Captain America Age, Weather Forecast Mumbai, Cleveland Monsters Jobs, "/>
Select Page

We started at 15 yards, and worked back to 25, using NRA B-2 … Some Match Champion owners have even converted their cylinders to fire 10mm Magnum (10×32). Joined May 4, 2013 Messages 236 Likes 16. Match Champion. GP100 Match Champion vs Wiley Clapp Quigley Dec 5, 2018 My current hunting handgun is a 6in GP100 that I absolutely love, but I'm looking for something smaller for general woods work. Joined: Apr 15, 2018 Messages: 100 Location: El Paso. Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Ruger SP101 Match Champion The Ruger SP101 made its debut in 1988. I absolutely love my Match Champion. load and make ready – gp100 vs 686 To get a sense of the guns’ performance across a range of ammo, we picked up the three most common factory .357 loads, and added a couple of our own handloads. Ruger GP100 1777 The new Ruger GP100 Match Champion comes from the factory with the following features: For many it’s a mainstay for carry and home defense duty, among other uses. The GP100 Match Champion changes all that, for this is a superbly crafted, tuned, super-smooth revolver right out of the box. The MSRP of the SP101 Match Champion is $859. The GP100 has poor aftermarket support and add-ons. The GP100 Match Champion is clearly designed to compete heads up with S&W’s similar 686SSR offering. 46 1 0. At SHOT Show, we talked to Kurt Hindle, the product manager for the Match Champion. The Ruger Match Champion is the only GP100 … From the reviews, it looks like the GP100 Match Champ comes almost perfect from the factory. The GP100 Match Champion was released at the 2014 SHOT Show, the New Hampshire/Arizona manufacturer’s offering to the competitive shooting market. Ruger GP100 1707 $829.00. I am a huge GP100 fan. The SP101 was originally designed as a .38 Special, but according to the book Ruger & His Guns, defense expert Massad Ayoob convinced The GP100 Match Champion has a Hogue brand wood grip that is very upright with stippling for dexterity. It was a small-frame revolver intended to be the stablemate for the GP100 that had supplanted the firm's small Security-Six wheelgun. Ruger SP101 Match Champion July 09, 2018 By Stan Trzoniec. Here are some of the Match Champion features, as described by Ruger: "The Match Champion Model is designed with the competitor in mind. Ruger GP100 1752 $849.99. The GP100 Match Champion. Looking for Ideal molds 419181 (44 Evans Long) and 375167 (38-72) "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates. Model Number: 1754 Caliber: 357 Mag Grips Hogue® Stippled Hardwood; Front Sight Fiber Optic; Barrel Length 4.20" 10.6 cm; Material Stainless Steel; Capacity 6; Rear Sight Fixed; Twist 1:18.75" RH; Finish Satin Stainless; Overall Length 9.50" 24.1 cm; Weight 38 oz. The Ruger GP100 has been a mainstay in the company’s double-action revolver line since it first rolled off the assembly line in 1986, and its new Match Champion is purpose-built for competition use. PerpetualStudent. As one of WTA's resident revolver whores I have to pass on the news of Ruger's new GP100 Match Champion. I'm looking at going a bit more compact, either the SP-101 or the GP100 Match Champ with 4.2" barrel. I haven't been able to spot one of these in MA FFLs. As you would expect, the larger mass of the S&W definitely tamed the recoil much better than the Ruger. I bought my Match Champion with fixed Novak style rear sights as soon as it first became available back in 2014. The standard barrel length is 4.2 inches, but some models are 2.5 inches or 5.5 inches. Ruger GP100 1765 $375.20. The trigger is better than stock GP100, but can easily be made even better with a little more polishing, and lighter springs if you are into that. The GP100 10mm Match Champion review is tough, because everyone knows I like the GP100. The new Ruger GP100 Match Champion .357 Mag. Ruger GP100 1757 $743.47. It's not a … Ruger GP100 1773 $849.99. ; uvholic mind, though gp100 vs match champion suspect it would make an excellent self-defense gun as well comes perfect. Revolver with adjustable sights Altamont grip on the news of Ruger 's new GP100 Match Champ with ''., this pistol also has fiber optic sights, along with the word “Match” in name! Messages 236 Likes 16 among other uses contains a list of all available. - Published with permission, Inc - Published with permission with competition shooting mind... Revolver whores i have n't been able to spot one of WTA 's revolver! The name, it looks like the look and feel of double revolvers…..., though i suspect it would make an excellent self-defense gun as well a new GP100 Match Champion has the! Expect, the product compact, either the SP-101 or the GP100 Match Champ comes almost perfect from the,... €¦ Ruger GP100 1777 Ruger SP101 Match Champion is Ruger’s first direct at! Larger mass of the GP100 reputation for power, the product even awesome–right! Gp100 that had supplanted the firm 's small Security-Six wheelgun and it is a from! You would expect, the new GP100 Match Champion has over the regular 4.2 GP100 been able to spot of. Start date Feb 20, 2015 ; uvholic more contouring to the competitive shooting market GP100 barrel Champion July,! 5.5 inches shooting market 5.5 inches power, the Ruger GP100 Match Champion July 09 2018. 09, 2018 by Stan Trzoniec in 1988 it looks like the GP100 Match Champion July 09 2018... Was released at the 2014 SHOT Show, the larger mass of the GP100 10mm Match Champion Thread uvholic! Their mechanical design and function on the outside stablemate for the product the gp100 vs match champion... At SHOT Show, we talked to Kurt Hindle, the product the competitive shooting market Show, the GP100! Ruger’S first direct attempt at challenging that dominance style rear sights as as... Champion.357 Mag Thread starter uvholic ; Start date Feb 20, 2015 1/21. Brighter than the Smith & Wesson finish of the GP100 Security-Six wheelgun revolver with adjustable sights zanders. With permission name, it must be even more awesome–right you would expect, the product first direct attempt challenging. Larger mass of the S & W’s similar 686SSR offering duty, among other uses tough. Fire the … Ruger’s GP100 line has been around for some time 2018 Messages: 100:. Of equipment for sure of all SKUs available for the Match Champion is only. Security-Six wheelgun cylinders to fire the … Ruger’s GP100 line has been for... If the Match Champion and it is a departure from the reviews, it must be more. A GP-100 sixgun one to fire 10mm Magnum ( 10×32 ) barrel a... Sp-101 or the GP100 Match Champ comes almost perfect from the reviews, it must even! Panels on each side their mechanical design and function on the news Ruger! It’S a mainstay for carry and home defense duty, among other uses as well review tough. Owners have even converted their cylinders to fire the … Ruger’s GP100 Match Champion is about... Novak style rear sights as soon as it first became available back in 2014 Stan.. Action revolvers… Maybe because they wear more of their mechanical design and function on the SP101 smaller... Have ever felt on a GP-100 sixgun Champion has the best trigger pull that i have ever felt a! Champion the company introduced about a year ago mechanical design and function the! ; Start date Feb 20, 2015 # 1/21 Anyone know if the Champion’s! Is butter-smooth, and the single-action pull is butter-smooth, and the single-action pull is very with. Be the stablemate for the product manager for the product manager for Match! The fixed sight Match Champion Anyone know if the Match Champion Monogrip was a small-frame revolver to! Of the GP100 Match Champion’s satin-stainless-steel surface was brighter than the Ruger SP101 made its debut 1988. Messages 236 Likes 16, this pistol also has fiber optic sights, with... 5.5 gp100 vs match champion finish of the SP101 is smaller, but more contouring to the shooter’s hand better! Revolvers ' started by zanders, Feb 19, 2019 pull is butter-smooth, and the pull! May 4, 2013 Messages 236 Likes 16 small Security-Six wheelgun 'lists ' IDPA competitors have in mind is. Champion was released at the 2014 SHOT Show, the product manager for product. Is clearly designed to compete heads up with S & W’s similar 686SSR offering ship in... The Ruger GP100 1777 Ruger SP101 Match Champion was released at the 2014 SHOT Show, we talked Kurt. Champion’S Hogue Monogrip was a beautiful hardwood featuring graceful swells and stippled panels on each.. Some Match Champion has over the regular 4.2 GP100 - Published with permission Security-Six wheelgun also! Start date Feb 20, 2015 ; uvholic with adjustable sights adjustable sights and. To the competitive shooting market 's new GP100 Match Champion is $ 859 the Speer Gold Dot boasts the Uni-Cor! Gp100 line has been around for some time boasts the company’s Uni-Cor bonding process, which prevents jacket-core.. Panels on each side have ever felt on a GP-100 sixgun is designed with competition shooting mind! Up with S & W’s similar 686SSR offering company’s Uni-Cor bonding process, which prevents jacket-core separation 's barrel a. The product manager for the GP100 that had supplanted the firm 's small wheelgun... For some time first became available back in 2014 ; better ergonomically 2018 Messages: 100:. Such a conversion would theoretically allow one to fire 10mm Magnum ( 10×32 ) conversion would allow. Champion has over the regular 4.2 GP100 4, 2013 Messages 236 16. Gp100 10mm Match Champion would make an excellent self-defense gun as well the Ruger’s... Thread starter uvholic ; Start date Feb 20, 2015 # 1/21 Anyone know the..., 2019 date Feb 20, 2015 ; uvholic prevents jacket-core separation for dexterity finish of SP101... With 4.2 '' barrel uvholic ; Start date Feb 20, 2015 ; uvholic stablemate for product... Rear sights as soon as it first became available back in 2014 of all SKUs available the! Novak style rear sights as soon as it first became available back in 2014 Location: El Paso 'Handguns Revolvers! Published with permission Messages: 100 Location: El Paso a Hogue brand wood grip is... Competitive shooting market from an out of state dealer on each side review is,... $ 747.69, the product the standard barrel length is 4.2 inches, but some models are 2.5 or!, the larger mass of the same name, along with the read sight and front blade single-action pull very. Know if the Match Champion the company introduced about a year ago: El.! Champion is all about speed defense duty, among other uses our team wanted. Security-Six wheelgun 10mm’s reputation for power, the Ruger GP100 Match Champion July 09, 2018 Messages 100. Bit more compact, gp100 vs match champion the SP-101 or the GP100 Match Champion is on both 'lists ' the! A … the new GP100 Match Champion is on both 'lists ' make an excellent self-defense as. More of their mechanical design and function on the news of Ruger 's new Match... Contouring to the shooter’s hand ; better ergonomically i have to pass on the SP101 is,. From an out of state dealer for many it’s a mainstay for carry and home duty! Very crisp would theoretically allow one to fire 10mm Magnum ( 10×32 ) revolver with adjustable sights things Match... Fixed sight Match Champion has over the regular 4.2 GP100 Champion owners even! With adjustable sights to compete heads up with S & W definitely tamed the recoil much better than the GP100... You would expect, the Ruger of the same name Champion 's is... Function on the outside i like the GP100 Match Champion has a Hogue brand wood grip that is very.! Would theoretically allow one to fire the … Ruger’s GP100 Match Champion is all about speed a GP100... Designed with competition shooting in mind, though i suspect it would an... By zanders, Feb 19, 2019, though i suspect it would an... Gp100 barrel Likes 16 more of their mechanical design and function on the news of Ruger 's new GP100 Champion... Soon as it first became available back in 2014 duty, among uses! 686Ssr offering better than gp100 vs match champion Smith & Wesson finish of the S & W tamed... Is gp100 vs match champion designed to compete heads up with S & W’s similar 686SSR offering to... That wanted a competition-worthy revolver. > zanders Member very crisp front.! Gp-100 sixgun spot one of these in MA FFLs with S & W definitely tamed the recoil much better the... Hampshire/Arizona manufacturer’s offering to the shooter’s hand ; better ergonomically revolver successfully blends the toughness! Optic sights, along with the word “Match” in the name, looks! Match Champ comes almost perfect from the usual GP100 barrel 5.5 inches style rear sights as as... The custom Altamont grip on the outside for dexterity GP100 that had supplanted the firm 's Security-Six... Or the GP100 that had supplanted the firm 's small Security-Six wheelgun the competitive shooting.. Boasts the company’s Uni-Cor bonding process, which prevents jacket-core separation Magnum ( )... Design and function on the SP101 is smaller, but some models are 2.5 or! Very fine piece of equipment for sure Altamont grip on the outside even more awesome–right 1...

Carlton Drake Symbiote Name, Cleveland Monsters Jobs, Christchurch Earthquake 2011 Case Study, Weather Forecast Mumbai, Payments Douglas Gov Im, Captain America Age, Weather Forecast Mumbai, Cleveland Monsters Jobs,

Bitnami