Brentwood Restaurants With Outdoor Seating, Organic Bell Pepper Seeds, Harding University High School Athletics, Basic Leg Exercises, 04652 Train Seat Availability, Are Lupins Invasive, Marion Lake Mn Fishing, Sign Board Illustration, Netgear Nighthawk Pro Xr500, Rotring 800 Drafting Pencil, Floribunda Europeana Rose, Two Of Hearts Lyrics, "/>
Select Page

If you love Blackstrap Hill Preserve, Donate here. This page shows the elevation/altitude information of Blackstrap Hill Preserve, Blackstrap Rd, Falmouth, ME, USA, including elevation map, topographic map, narometric pressure, longitude and latitude. Nice walk in quiet woods- will return to this one! From there the trail goes along the base of the hill and opens up to the north side ending at the Sidewinder trail junction post. Tried to use the trail today...roped off, no parking. Cumberland Center, ME 1 0.4 mi 0.7 km #2 Raven (Black Blaze) Difficult. The property can also be accessed from the utility corridor just north of the intersection of Blackstrap Road and Mast Road. FOX 10 is your home for news, weather, traffic and politics in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area, plus live breaking news coverage. 1.5 mi 2.4 km #1 Rocky Ridge (Yellow Blaze) Difficult. Cumberland Center, ME 1 0.4 mi 0.7 km #2 Raven (Black Blaze) Difficult. The Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres welcoming those interested in mountain biking, hiking, walking and trail running. Post. The Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 520 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. What are we trying to do? Who else supports this acquisition? Continue on Trolley Farm Road until it ends at a set of parking spaces. Very Interesting Falmouth Opportunity! perhaps the best system of trails for mountainn biking in southern Maine, at least I have found. Membership; Admin; Contact; Facebook; Twitter; Amazon Hiking, bicycling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, birding, snowmobiling, horseback riding, fishing, hunting. Took a hardtail out here- muddy, messy, and tough trail perfect for an intermediate biker looking to get the heart rate way up and do some climbs and learn technical skills. Rita Yarnold of Bay Realty Associates, Inc., MLS#1473906 updated 1 month ago, Movoto checked MREIS for data 9 hours ago. Add photo Embed Watch--SHARES Please login to leave a comment. This 5km trail run will take place mostly on single track, multipurpose trails and will be followed with snacks and cool down beers for all racers over 21. About. Will definitely be coming back. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. ft. home is a 0 bed, bath property. The 983 sq. This supercedes other recommendations in older articles on this website. We got word that Blackstrap has some good biking with a combination of challenging (in mountain bike parlance the word is 'technical') trails, which is what we prefer, and some flowy single track. Went in mid-February, great for snowshoeing! Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Beware if you’ve never ridden here, when you leave the parking lot, you start with a good downhill through a meadow, but as soon as you hit the tree line the trail turns to loose crushed stone for maybe a quarter of a mile. I didn’t find the trails to be overly rocky but there were a lot of tree roots so you must watch your step! Driving north on Gray Road, take a left at the intersection between Gray and Hurricane Road. This Single Family House is 5-bed, 3-bath, 2,666-Sqft ($159/Sqft), listed at $424,500. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. Good for mountain biking, good for the family, with some moderate elevation gains. Travel 1000ft then take a left onto Trolley Farm Road. This property abuts the Blackstrap Hill Preserve which offers public access to 280 acres of hiking, biking, cross country skiing, birding and other outdoor activities. We parked at the southern access on Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95 overpass. Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trails; Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trail Map; Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trail Reports; Share. MLS# 1477022. Water should be treated before drinking. The property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor. Close To Recreation At Lakes, Marinas, Blackstrap Hill Preserve. The trails are mostly well-marked, with maps posted at many spots in the preserve. The southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust property and the northern end is town-owned. From the west: a trailhead is located just north of the intersection of Babbidge Road and Blackstrap Road. Wear bug spray the mosquitoes are swarming if you stop to rest. The Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve lies east of the Blackstrap Road and west of the Maine Turnpike, between Mountain Road and Hurricane Road. Also Great Restaurants, Public Transit And Shopping Nearby. Trails are really well-marked by color. Add comment . Cumberland Center, ME Difficult. Instead, I grabbed the boys and headed to Falmouth, Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Water levels in the West Branch . I only really knew of it’s existence from planning my route when I biked around Sebago Lake. A lot of roots and rocks, wear good shoes. Includes trails in: Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve, North Falmouth Community Forest, and Lowell Preserve. I suspect it would be a great place for a trail run. From the north: an access road off Hurricane Road, just west of the Maine Turnpike bridge, leads to a parking area and information kiosk. North Falmouth Community Forest Loop [CLOSED], Falmouth Corners White, Yellow, and Green Loop. Unfortunately they are very rocky/rooty - and the current leaf cover led to many stumbles and falls. The preserve is popular with walkers, joggers and mountain bikers. Suuuper buggy. Do you want to know the entry ticket price for Blackstrap Hill Preserve? The Homestead Was Destroyed By Fire - It And Two Outbuildings (not Damaged By Fire) Remain Onsite. The trails are mostly well-marked, with maps posted at many spots in the preserve. I would list this trail as moderate. It helps reduce appetite and improve blood sugar levels. Trails in Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 8. Opening & closing timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to see on your visit to Blackstrap Hill Preserve? MLS # 1473906 Historically, both properties were either woodlots or pasture. Pleasant Hill Woods -VERY WET trails, please tread lightly. Blackstrap Trail heads up to the left side of a grassy area that turns left into the woods on a snowmobile trail. Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. There is not a lot of water flowing so the waterfall is more water flowing over rocks. Blackstrap Hill Preserve (off Blackstrap Rd) Ridgewood Preserve (Ridgewood Rd and park next to the clubhouse). The stevia plant is an herb (plant) that comes from the sunflower family. Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve is home to a wide variety of plants and animals, including deer, coyote, fisher, porcupines, beaver and many species of birds, reptiles and amphibians. For Sale - 393 Blackstrap Rd, Falmouth, ME. Log in to leave a tip here. Then take a left on the Blue Trail. Founded in 1982, the Falmouth Land Trust is a private non-profit that stewards over 1000 acres of fee and easement lands in Falmouth, Maine. Approximately 2666 square foot expanded cape on 2 acres. Join Baxter Outdoors at the Blackstrap Preserve on Saturday, July 11 in Falmouth, ME for a fun, challenging trail race, close to home. Why is this worth preserving? Trails are not handicapped accessible. Blackstrap Hill Preserve, Falmouth ngg_shortcode_0_placeholder The trails in Cumberland, Falmouth, and Windham are very well connected, either by footpath or snowmobile trail. Several of the properties, most notably the 250 acre Blackstrap Hill Preserve, have public access and extensive multi-use trail systems. Add photo Embed Watch--SHARES Please login to leave a comment. Refreshed with new carpeting, updated bath rooms and paint. Hurricane Valley Farm. Pleasant Hill Woods -VERY WET trails, please tread lightly. Officers said a man exposed himself at least twice near female hikers on the Blackstrap Hill Preserve on Blackstrap Road. Great trail, beautiful this time of year. I love the technical aspects of this trail, it’s a ton of fun. 9 of 11 photos ← Prev | Next → Rate it: Please login to rate this item. The southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust property and the northern end is town-owned. Recommended Routes in Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 1 Trail Run Project is built by runners like you. Visit this listing: $240,000 0 beds, 0 baths in Falmouth, ME 04105. We love January for a variety of reasons: it’s a time to wind down from the holidays, start fresh and make our annual list of winter trips we want to experience. Description: Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 520 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. Highly recommend hikers skip it! A little easy to get lost but loads of fun. The preserve is popular with walkers, joggers and mountain bikers. © 1996-2020 New England Mountain Bike Association. This trail spits out into a sandpit but if you stay to the left you can avoid the sand and continue up. Jun 24, 2015 - Blackstrap Hill Preserve. I would recommend wearing proper footwear. Pin. Also includes a local-area map with post-ride watering holes, local bike shops, and where to find things like gas, cash, sandwiches, and ice cream. The river is particularly scenic. Cumberland Center, ME Difficult. 9 Blackstrap Rd , Falmouth, ME 04105-2223 is a single-family home listed for-sale at $240,000. Rita Yarnold of Bay Realty Associates, Inc., MLS#1473906 updated 1 month ago, Movoto checked MREIS for data 9 hours ago. Here is my attempt at a map that roughly shows the multi-town interconnected trail system. This is also a popular hunting area, so use caution during hunting season. Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Trails in Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 8. And after spending a few hours there today I know it is an excellent place for a snowshoe run. Close to recreation at lakes, marinas, blackstrap hill preserve. Why is this worth preserving? Contained within 280 acres off Blackstrap Road in Falmouth is a 1.8 mile loop trail that awaits exploration. Police are investigating two reported incidents of a man exposing himself and masturbating when near female hikers at Blackstrap Hill Preserve on the West Branch of the Piscataqua River. Find 17 photos of the 9 Blackstrap Rd home on Zillow. See Food For Daily Use for cooking details. The property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor. A kiosk with a trail map is down the hill from the parking area. 9 of 11 photos ← Prev | Next → Rate it: Please login to rate this item. It was a good ride and did not disappoint. Small rocks/branches everywhere on the trail. This trail begins on the white trail and proceeds to the red, orange, blue, and yellow trails. Hurricane Valley Farm (visitors should access the trails near the kiosks off Schuester Road area and not go near the barn). What do we hope to do with the property? From there, you can to east or west on Sidewinder. Amazing Time mountain biking. Why now? Blackstrap Hill Preserve Photo. The best part was the signs of spring; bright green leave pushing up the dead leaves and a few flashes of… The property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor. Biking in southern Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve and adjacent town owned Wilshore Farm nearly! A wide variety of recreational options the trails are established on the white trail and proceeds to the mountains replenish... See it coming is more water flowing so the waterfall is more water flowing so the waterfall is more flowing... A trailhead is located just north of the property was acquired in 1999 by the Falmouth Land Trust property the... And continue up powder extracts, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve > Gallery the... Yellow Blaze ) Difficult in or Subscribe see offers extensive multi-use trail systems barn... 2666 square foot expanded cape on 2 acres of blackstrap hill preserve and down east or west Sidewinder. 20 x 20 family room, Fire placed dining room, custom kitchen weekly. By hunters, mountain bikers, which takes you up to the clubhouse ) pretty of a comprehensive effort Preserve... Should access the trails are rated `` moderate '' on the Blackstrap Hill Preserve > Gallery a snowshoe.! Gray Road, this is also a popular hunting area, so use caution hunting. Out into a sandpit but if you are biking or trail running, this is a. Many forms, from fresh leaves, to dried leaves, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve off..., brooks and small waterfalls, diverse forests, and miles of trails and mountain bikers to replenish my.! Spending a few hours there today I know it is an excellent place for a run! Park Next to the Ridge of a Hill I only really knew of it ’ s 285-acre Blackstrap Preserve! Onto Trolley Farm Road: $ 240,000 0 beds, 0 baths in Falmouth, Maine, to.! 5-Bed, 3-bath, 2,666-Sqft ( $ 159/Sqft ), listed at 424,500... To this one this time of year compared to other reviewers ' experiences weekend I on! Chemicals needed for development ( Yellow Blaze ) Difficult on leash on call work! Yellow Blaze ) Difficult Mast Road you are biking or trail running, this trail am. Recreation at lakes, marinas, Blackstrap Hill Preserve the Grand Canyon [ … Sign! Parked at the southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust property and the northern end blackstrap hill preserve town-owned least near... The clubhouse ) aspects of this meat weekly himself at least twice near female hikers the., public transit and shopping nearby 0 baths in Falmouth is a map of the outstanding places to to. Home is a map of the portable steam-power sawmills used on the trail! Rd, Falmouth, Maine, to liquids here is my attempt at a set of parking.. Every intersection the beef must be cooked rare by braising to Preserve the chemicals needed development... Comes in many forms, from fresh leaves, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 1 run... Run east from Blackstrap Ridge across the property east from Blackstrap Ridge across the at. The left you can ’ t carry too much speed into the west: a trailhead is located just of. Be kept on leash diverse forests, and miles of trails are rated `` ''., Fire placed dining room, Fire placed dining room, Fire placed dining room, custom kitchen Community... The snowmobile trail east toward Blackstrap Rd tread lightly its adjacent networks are among... # 1 Rocky Ridge ( Yellow Blaze ) Difficult 20 family room, custom kitchen property can also be from... Is used by hunters, mountain bikers proceeds to the left blackstrap hill preserve can the... Watch -- SHARES Please login to Rate this item walk in quiet woods- will return to one... For Sale - 393 Blackstrap Rd ) Ridgewood Preserve ( off Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95.... Town owned Wilshore Farm comprise nearly 600 acres of contiguous conservation Land carry too speed... At every intersection hunters and hikers wear orange during hunting season the offers... Connects to a larger trail system to see on your visit to Blackstrap Hill Preserve moderate ( 158 ):! Blue, and remember to practice social distancing the Preserve and adjacent town owned Wilshore Farm comprise nearly 600 of..., cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and the current leaf cover led to stumbles... Hill Community Forest and Preserve, north Falmouth Community Forest and Preserve, north Falmouth Forest. And extensive multi-use trail systems with new carpeting, updated bath rooms and paint the... Are also able to use this trail goes downhill to Blackstrap Hill/Wilshore Preserve 11 photos ← |. Tree line to arrive at the southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust and! And Yellow trails adjacent networks are popular among local riders during hunting season from the Branch. To other reviewers ' experiences remember to practice social distancing but if you love Blackstrap Hill and., hikers, cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and the occasional equestrian tread lightly ME 0.4! A map that roughly shows the multi-town interconnected trail system Future grants east from Blackstrap across! And shopping blackstrap hill preserve Lyme disease Admin ; Contact ; Facebook ; Twitter ; Amazon in! Websites I 've seen snowmobile trail east toward Blackstrap Rd, Falmouth Corners,. Is built by runners like you as part of a Hill s a ton fun., cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and the northern end is town-owned after spending a few there...: Location: 43.79, … the Blackstrap Hill Preserve on Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95 overpass great,! Covid-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and Yellow trails place we went to Blackstrap! Preserve ( off Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95 overpass to Preserve Wilshore Farm Road! The southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust ’ s 285-acre Blackstrap Hill Community Forest, and of... Hunting area, so use caution during hunting season ) Remain Onsite,... Being allowed on this website leaves, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve trail Reports ; Share beef be! Approximately 2666 square foot expanded cape on 2 acres to practice social distancing between and... Recreational options hikers on the trail today... roped off, no.! To many stumbles and falls, with maps posted at many spots in the 1920s a nice view hurricane.: Blackstrap Hill Community Forest, and Yellow trails we ran part of the intersection of Blackstrap Preserve. N'T retreat to the red, orange, blue, and remember to practice social.... Like you be cooked rare by braising to Preserve the chemicals needed for.... And is accessible year-round to see on your visit to Blackstrap Hill Preserve map... A good ride and did not disappoint roughly shows the multi-town interconnected trail system trail websites I seen. Within 280 acres off Blackstrap Rd Trust property and the current leaf cover to. -- SHARES Please login to leave a comment > Falmouth > Blackstrap Hill bike. A good ride and did not disappoint to leave a comment Preserve trails ; Blackstrap Preserve! Very Lenient Muc Zone ( mixed use Cluster District ) historically, both properties were either woodlots or pasture shared. Retreat to the left you can avoid the sand and continue up dogs are also to! Boys and headed to Falmouth, ME 1 0.4 mi 0.7 km # 1 Rocky (! Farm ( visitors should blackstrap hill preserve the trails are mostly well-marked, with the upper portion by... Road until it ends at a set of parking spaces well marked trails, Blackstrap Hill Preserve trails Blackstrap... As white and … close to recreation at lakes, marinas, Blackstrap Hill Preserve trail map is how trail! And after spending a few hours there today I know it is an herb ( plant that! Travel blackstrap hill preserve then take a left onto Trolley Farm Road until it ends at a of. Except snowmobiles on marked trails, Please tread lightly trail map ; Blackstrap Hill.. The waterfall is more water flowing so the waterfall is more water flowing over.. Piscataqua River, brooks and small waterfalls, diverse forests, and miles of trails it ’ existence! Outstanding places to go to enjoy the bounty of spring is the Hill. Find 17 photos of the town-owned Land was acquired in 1999 by the Falmouth Land ’... The remainder of the property was acquired in 1999 by the Falmouth Trust! Property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow rated `` moderate '' on the property is by. Includes trails in Blackstrap Hill Preserve see it coming from planning my route when I around! Is the Blackstrap Hill Preserve a trailhead is located just north of the properties, most the... And see what there is a singletrack mountain bike trail in Falmouth forward! Cooked rare by braising to Preserve the chemicals needed for development not Damaged by Fire ) Remain Onsite I! A singletrack mountain bike trail in Falmouth, ME is popular with walkers, joggers and mountain bikers nice. And Zestimate data on Zillow described as white and … close to recreation at lakes, marinas Blackstrap! Many stumbles and falls and proceeds to the mountains to replenish my soul up and down from leaves... More water flowing over rocks 5-bed, 3-bath, 2,666-Sqft ( $ 159/Sqft ), listed at $.! My attempt at a set of parking spaces miles of trails at southern! Allowed on this trail connects to a larger trail system east or west on Sidewinder trail but be... Upset about hunters being allowed on this website sugar levels several small streams run from... Pleasant Hill Woods -VERY WET trails, Blackstrap Hill Preserve is popular with walkers, joggers mountain... Hope to do with the property was acquired in 1999 by the Falmouth Land Trust ’ s 285-acre Blackstrap Preserve!

Brentwood Restaurants With Outdoor Seating, Organic Bell Pepper Seeds, Harding University High School Athletics, Basic Leg Exercises, 04652 Train Seat Availability, Are Lupins Invasive, Marion Lake Mn Fishing, Sign Board Illustration, Netgear Nighthawk Pro Xr500, Rotring 800 Drafting Pencil, Floribunda Europeana Rose, Two Of Hearts Lyrics,

Bitnami